Sometimes we unknowingly adapt some hair habits in our hair care routine, which can damage lustrous, voluminous tresses. Here are the 10 biggest hair care mistakes you should definitely avoid.
Most of us have a strong attachment to our hair. We tend to try every possible remedy in order to do our best. But did you know that many of us unconsciously make mistakes that harm our hair? Over time, you may have adapted some hair habits in your hair care routine, which can damage your lustrous, voluminous tresses. We agreed that hair needs all the attention and good products, but good hair care starts with knowing what not to do. Surgeon Dr. Linky Kapoor’s list of things you should never show your hair at an aesthetic clinic. Read below!
10 Biggest Hair Care Mistakes to Avoid:
- Do not over brush or comb. Brushing your hair too often can weaken it, cause breakage, and make it oily. Eight to nine strokes of a wide-toothed comb or hairbrush are all it takes to detangle.
- Using the wrong comb or brush: It’s trial and error, but once you find a brush or comb that works for you, stick with it. I chose a comb that has an anti-static effect and is wide and has gentle bristles. Jagged edges can cause branching. A paddle brush is ideal for highly tangled hair.
- Tossing between over-washing and long-washing: Less shampoo is always better because it keeps dirt at bay and maintains oil balance. Not washing your hair clogs your hair follicles and damages your strands. Ideally, washing your hair every three days is enough.
- Prolonged use of the hair dryer: Dryers are especially useful in winter or when you’re in a hurry. However, overuse of the hair dryer will only cause long-term damage. So keep your hair on a lower setting to keep your hair healthy.
- Styling wet hair: Hair is weakest when wet, so allow it to dry a bit before pulling out your dryer and styling tools. Natural drying is the best way to style your hair. Make sure your hair is at least 80% dry before you start styling. Styling from root to tip, keeping temperature within tolerance.
- Incorrect use of hair products: Read the instruction label correctly when using hair products. Conditioner is for hair tips and ends, hair serum is for hair serum, and shampoo is for scalp. Different types of products are needed for different scalp conditions. When in doubt, consult a trichologist for proper guidance.
- Clean combs, brushes and styling tools regularly. Oil, dirt and grime can easily stick to your hair tools and leave residue on your hair.So clean your combs and brushes at least once a week and replace them after a few months of use. . Dirty hair tools can lead to scalp infections.
- Sleep with open hair: Sleeping with open hair will make your hair very tangled, frizzy and difficult to tame in the morning. Tie your hair up in a top knot or braid before going to bed. Believe me.
- Not eating properly: It’s not directly a hair problem, but neglecting your diet can cause long-term and intrinsic damage to your hair. please take
- Sleep with wet hair: Sleeping with wet hair will only add friction. Wet hair is prone to frizz by morning and you have to work hard to detangle it from the morning.