The internet is a trend factory, the latest of which is shower makeup. From orange blush and lustrous eyes to angel core makeup, the seemingly endless trends are leaving their mark on both the beauty realm and addicts. The latest shower makeup trends are inspired by the glowing, slightly damp complexion of skin after spending a few minutes under the steam. If this trend doesn’t sound unnatural, it’s coming straight from his Huda Kattan, founder of the renowned brand Huda Beauty, one of America’s beauty popes. “I already wear crying makeup and cold makeup, but my favorite beauty is how I look when I come out of the shower. It may sound strange, but it’s the sexiest thing that can exist.” I swear to be one of the hottest beauties,” says the makeup artist and businesswoman in a video tutorial published on her TikTok account. If you believe the number of over 10,000 views, the sexy potential of ‘shower makeup’ seems to have been approved in the social media arena.
How to recreate the shower makeup trend
The key to this magnetic makeup is the glossy effect of the products used. So ditch the powdery texture and embrace liquids.Huda Kattan recreates that famously glowing skin that looks a little wet, like right after a shower, with a tutorial on creams and liquid products. Here are the 8 steps to follow:
- Mix a liquid foundation (if possible with pearlescent pigments for added shine) with a day cream to brighten your complexion and apply it.
- Apply a little concealer under your eyes, on your chin and between your brows.
- With the cream bronzer stick, outline the center of the forehead and chin, being careful not to paint. The American beauty guru tries to mimic the light in her bathroom with spotlights in the ceiling with this trick, the resulting contours illuminating her face from above in the shower. Perfectly imitates light rays.
- Apply a little pink or red blush to your cheeks and outline your lips with your natural shade. Don’t be afraid to exaggerate the lines for extra plumpness.
- The next step is very important for a successful wet look. Applying a highlighter. Assuming that the more highlighter you have, the better you’ll look in the shower, it’s ideal to apply a few all over your cheeks, from the bridge of your nose to your cheekbones, and on Cupid’s bow.
- To accentuate the “wet” effect by applying gloss or clear balm to the eyelids and collarbone, Huda Kattan chose Huda Beauty’s Empowered Highlighting Dew Face Gloss.
- A little mascara on the lashes and a plump gloss on the lips.
- Finish: Moisten and texture hair with oil or styling serum. Tuck your hair back slightly when you get out of the shower to recreate the wet texture. that’s all!
Try these products to achieve your shower makeup.
This story first appeared on vogue.fr
Childbirth makeup is popular on the internet, but is it really a plus for women?
The trendy buccal fat removal procedure perfectly contours your face, but what happens as you age?
5 nail trends that will be all the rage in 2023