Lohri is here and we can’t wait to whet your appetite for winter! Till (black sesame seeds), gajak and popcorn are very popular indulgences, while peanuts and ghoul (jaggery) have their own fan base. Thanks to the many health benefits they provide.While jaggery is one of many immune-boosting foods, peanuts are rich in fats, proteins and other nutrients essential for good health. I’m here. Jaggery contains small amounts of B vitamins and minerals such as calcium, zinc, copper and phosphorus. It is used in combination with many essential ingredients to enhance health benefits and get the most out of jaggery and ghoul.
Lohri 2023: Know the Benefits of Peanuts and Jaggery
Now, on Lohri’s occasion, let’s take a quick look at the health benefits of jaggery.
– During the winter, hunger strikes quite often. Eating jaggery with peanuts avoids this problem. Best part? It can also control cravings as well as regulate appetite.
– Known as a healthy sugar substitute, jaggery can aid digestion and reduce constipation when taken with ghee.
– Do you suffer from period cramps? Jaggery can help a lot. It certainly helps women with PCOD as well.
-The combination of jaggery and fennel seeds may help eliminate bad breath. This also reduces plaque formation, which is good for oral health.
– Eating jaggery and fenugreek (methi) seeds together can improve hair health. It makes your mane shine stronger and prevents premature graying.
Speaking of peanuts, they can be consumed raw or in the form of peanut butter, oil, etc. It is also beneficial for people suffering from sexual ovarian disease (PCOD) and others.
Peanut Health Benefits:
– Peanuts contain compounds like biotin, vitamin B1 and vitamin B6 that help reduce bloating and the irritable and restless symptoms of PMS. Not many people know that munching on peanuts can prevent acne and hair loss, common risk factors for PCOD (a hormonal disorder characterized by irregular periods, acne, and facial hair).
– Peanuts are high in fat and calories, but they are amazing for weight loss. This is because the high protein levels and monounsaturated fats in peanuts help increase energy expenditure.
– Peanuts are rich in copper, manganese, folic acid, and folic acid, making them a great addition to your diet during pregnancy.
– These peanuts also help reduce inflammation. Type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and even cancer are all inflammatory conditions in one way or another. Resveratrol, found in peanuts, helps reduce inflammation.
Disclaimer: This content, including advice, provides general information only. It is not a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. Always consult a professional or family doctor for more information. NDTV is not responsible for this information.
Featured video of the day
Narrow escape for Delhi family when three men set house on fire