Marshfield, Wisconsin (OnFocus) Hair salons are gearing up to reopen for business after the end of the stay-at-home order while ensuring the safety of their customers.
As part of restrictions on public gatherings due to COVID-19, hair salons have been ordered closed by Governor Evers starting March 20. The closure continued through a safer-at-home order that was overturned by the Wisconsin Supreme Court on May 13.
“Life finally feels more normal and it feels great!” Kristen Niehaus, owner of Split Ends Hair Salon in Marshfield.
Since the shutdown began, her list of clients wanting to return to professional hair care has grown. and had to be prepared for a rush of appointments.
“As a state-licensed hair salon, I already have very high standards for keeping everyone and everything clean and safe. “I only have one client at a time to keep headcount to a minimum. It will be a very busy and long week, but it will also give you a chance to catch your breath and have a snack.”
[Related: Salons Adjust to State Closure Order]
Niehaus moved the chairs outside the salon to the entrance of the building for clients to wait until their appointment. Other precautions she has taken include removing magazines, candy bowls, and pens that may be touched by multiple people.
“The salon, which is what the hairstylist does, is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between each client. If so, I will do my best.
Wearing a mask makes it harder to cut and color your hair, but Niehaus said she understands it’s an adjustment.
“But for the most part, 99% of my clients feel very safe, comfortable and, honestly, ready to get back to life,” she said. “The other 1% of her aren’t ready to venture out yet, but that’s perfectly fine. We’re working to keep in touch and find a new appointment time when she’s ready. .”