Winter can leave your scalp dry and your hair brittle, so it’s the perfect time to indulge in a nourishing oil massage. So, if you want to improve your scalp health, strengthen your roots, and get smooth, silky hair, here are some natural Ayurvedic hair oils that create exquisite hair.
table of contents
How to do winter hair oil champi
A winter head massage feels great, so here’s how to do it no matter what oil you use.
• First, don’t let the coldness of the oil chill you on those lazy weekend mornings when you sit in the sun.
• When massaging, be careful not to get your scalp too dirty. Many of the nutrients in the oil will not penetrate the scalp if it builds up in excess.
• Heat the oil in the microwave for 10 seconds or heat it on a low heat on the stove for 30 seconds.
• Dip a cotton ball into a bowl of oil, part your hair, and then press the ball against your scalp to make sure your entire head is covered in oil.
• Massage onto the scalp in circular motions.
• Steam your head or wrap a hot towel around your head to absorb the oil.
• Brush your hair with a detangling comb before washing your hair. Begin untying the knot from the bottom, then work your way up to the crown.
• Wash off the oil after 1.5 hours, then use your regular conditioner and serum.
Best Natural Ayurvedic Hair Oils for Winter Champi
1. Khadi Natural 18 Herbal Hair Oil Paraben Mineral Oil Free, Rs 375
This mineral oil-free formula contains a whopping 18 herbs. Made with an ultra nourishing base of sesame, olive, almond and jojoba oils, this contains bhringraj to help with everything from hair thickness and growth to smoothness and strand strength. Mint, neem, tea tree, eucalyptus, rosemary and tulsi soothe and refresh an irritated, dandruff-prone scalp.
It also contains aloe vera to moisturize and soothe the scalp, and amla to strengthen it, so your roots stay healthy enough for your hair to grow well. Given that cannabis often leads to hair loss, this is a good oil to treat your scalp this season. Plus, it smells fresh and herbal too!
2. Nat Habit Soybean Methi Winter Hair Oil, Rs 433
Nat Habit’s products are unique in that they are made in their kitchen without preservatives. This means it doesn’t have the longest shelf life, but it also means there aren’t many additives. Made to treat dry, brittle and damaged hair.
This dasabuti oil is based on castor oil, sesame oil, and mustard oil, and is richly blended with herbs by slowly heating it. This oil contains protein-rich soybeans and methi, scalp-strengthening amla, neem, deer chi, and many other herbs. With repeated use, hair becomes really smooth and fresh.
3. Forest Essentials Ayurvedic Herbal Enriched Head Massage Oil Bhringraj, Rs 425
A luxurious hair oil in a luxurious package, this product also works well. It contains Brahmi to aid in hair growth, the king of herbs, Blinglage, Henna, Bakchi, Licorice Root, Nagarmosa, Sesame Oil, Virgin Coconut Oil, Vitamin E and Goat’s Milk.
So this is good for nourishing your strands and giving them a lustrous look thanks to the consistency of the oil and how it is blended. It can also be a relaxing massage.
4. Dromen & Co Ayurvedic Hair Brew Oil, Rs 2,299
Although this oil is very expensive, it contains a good amount of product and can be purchased at a discounted price during sales. so it looks very attractive. bay leaf or tejpatta, jatamansi, methi.
The good news is that it works beautifully to nourish dull and rough hair. It works on basically all hair types and targets a lot of concerns, so you can’t go wrong.
5. Soultree Revitalizing Hair Oil with Amla & Brahmi, Rs 1,195
Title: Soultree Revitalizing Hair Oil with Aamla & Brahmi, alt text: Best Scalp Massage Oil for Healthy Roots, Cre
dit: Soultree India
This oil is ideal for flat hair that is prone to dryness and hair loss. Contains methi, which is known to reduce hair loss and frizz. It also contains amla, which strengthens roots and fights weak hair follicles.
Plus, the bringraj in it helps improve hair thickness and growth. It also contains grapeseed oil, which is great for scalp health.
6. Inde Wild Champi Hair Oil, Rs 949
Now this is an expensive hair oil as you can only get 50ml of the product for 949 rupees. However, if you take a few drops of this and heat it, it will spread a little more easily. Another reason they are probably more expensive than regular Ayurvedic oils is that they are a combination of Ayurvedic herbs and traditionally used oils. Desi An oil that contains ingredients that are currently in vogue. So you get the best of both worlds.
It contains coconut oil, sesame oil, and almond oil, but it also contains castor oil and argan oil. This means that they are great for massaging into the scalp, but also have properties that thicken hair and nourish strands. But it also contains soothing calendula, scalp-strengthening rosemary, and vitamin E.
Lead image credits: Instagram.com/mira.kapoor, Instagram.com/kareenakapoorkhan
Read iDiva for the latest Bollywood, fashion, beauty and lifestyle news.