Understanding your hair type is the first step in taking care of your hair. Finding the right stylist or specialist can often make all the difference when it comes to determining your curl type, and counting to three isn’t easy.
Keep these instructions in mind to understand your hair type, accentuate your magnificent mane, and create a hair care regimen that goes well with your lovely 2C wave pattern.
table of contents
What is type 2C hair?
The Andre Walker Hair Classification System classifies 2C as a hair texture. His method of classification classifies each type of hair into groups based on its texture and curl pattern, classifying type 2 hair as wavy hair and type 1 hairline as straight.
Curly hair belongs to type 3, and coarser or twisted hair belongs to type 4. The letters A, B, and C are also used in Andre Walker’s Hair Typing System to indicate how textured certain hair types are compared to others. Of hair. C has the most textures and A has the least.
What are the benefits of 2C hair?
2C type hair can be difficult to manage, but it has certain benefits.
- Type 2C doesn’t need to be washed as often as the oils from the scalp are trapped in the ‘S’ shape of the waves as they travel down the strands. Category 2C hair is less greasy than straight hair. Therefore, washing once or twice a week is fine.
- 2C hair is the coarsest of the wavy bristles and is less susceptible to damage due to the larger diameter of each thread. 2C has a wider diameter than Fine Texture, making it more durable and able to withstand heat and chemical damage.
- Puffy and voluminous – Category 2C hair has a lot of body, unlike Type 1 hair which tends to flatten out. The mane has thickness and movement because the waves don’t flatten out on the head.
- 2C Hair reacts well and is easy to style. In contrast to curly hair types, you don’t need a lot of product to bring out and accentuate your waves.
How to maintain 2C type hair
With the correct 2C hair maintenance, you can fully demonstrate the quality of your hair. Method is as follows.
- Avoid excessive hair washing
- Wavy hair, unlike straight hair, does not need to be cleaned every day. In fact, over-washing your hair can cause extreme dryness and breakage. You may only need to shampoo your hair a few times a week, as waves don’t allow oils from your scalp to reach the mid-lengths or ends of your hair.
- Explore hot oil therapy
- Hot oil treatment is what you need for 2C hair to advance your hair. Hot oil treatment makes your hair thicker, promotes moisture retention, and nurtures strands from within.
- Wash your hair once every 7 days
- Regular brushing is important to maintain the quality of your hair, but too much shampoo can make your hair dry and dry. Shampoo once a week and rinse with cleansing conditioner only. Co-washing has additional benefits such as reducing dryness, breakage, or frizz in addition to enhancing your natural waves.
- boost your natural curly hair
- Even if your hair is already wavy, hot tool styles can be used to enhance texture. A curling brush can help control waves and curls that sometimes have their own feel. Give your hair a little thought and decide where you want to add definition.
Best products for 2C type hair
Marc Anthony Gro Long
The Strictly Curls Curl Envy Conditioner with Marc Anthony Grow Long Super-Fast Strong Leave-In Conditioner is suitable for all hair types. The combination of these will keep your hair hydrated. This will not last until you wash it again. Take the product in your palm, rub it well and gently press it into your hair.
- Moisturizes hair from root to tip, leading to smooth and manageable hair.
- Perfect for those who want to strengthen and repair their hair, it protects against styling caused by moisture and heat.
- Smoothes and strengthens hair while moisturizing without weighing it down.
- Condition your hair and make it velvety smooth. Lock in moisture and make your hair shinier than ever.
- Protects hair from heat damage and breakage.
get it here
Marc Anthony Coconut Beach Wave Texture Cream
Marc Anthony’s Immediate Concentrate Biotin Styling Products are perfect for styling and hydrating hair. Fine hair types will greatly benefit from this product. For thin 2C hair, the point is the lift and texture of the roots. The scrunch and additional heat therefore give the thickness and wave-like pattern.
- Makes hair amazingly smooth and soft.
- Protects and repairs damaged hair, leaving it smooth and soft.
- Enriched with natural oils and vital fatty acids, this conditioner is a powerful moisturizer, nourishing and protectant.
get it here
Milkshake leave-in conditioner spray detangler
2C hair tends to get tangled easily, but this luxurious leave-in spray makes it super manageable. A powerful combination of milk, strawberry, blueberry, papaya, honey and protein helps detangle and regrow hair.
Sprinkle the spray onto freshly washed hair and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing thoroughly with cold water. Now all that’s left to do is enjoy the shiny, frizz-free, silky waves.
- Leaves hair smooth, silky and easy to brush.
- Amazing sheerness and fragrance.
- It is highly nutritious and also helps prevent frizz.
- You are exactly what you need for moist, smooth hair.
get it here
Briogeo Farewell Fritz
A strong ally for wavy hair! With a diffuser already included, this add-on works wonders on curly hair types. This product is inexpensive and portable. It makes your hair smooth, shiny and reduces frizz significantly.
- it keeps your hair silky smooth
- not sticky
- Made with Safe Ingredients
- Pure, fresh scent, not strong at all
get it here
DEVACAR BUILD UP BUSTER GENTLE CLARIFYING CLEANSER
The best product to protect the waves! Use this clarifying shampoo weekly to remove excess buildup from wavy hair. It’s one of people’s favorites because you can. Using this product will help you control your waves better.
- Great for removing stickiness from creams and gels
- Cleans hair without drying it
- gentle claying treatment
- it smells fantastic
get it here
Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate + Shea Butter Hair Mask Treatment
Between washes, your hair needs extra hydration. Restore moisture to tresses with this moisturizing and repairing Shea Butter Scalp Mask. Use it for 5 minutes and watch your waves go from boring to amazing.
- The mask nourishes and deeply moisturizes dry and damaged hair, helping it heal.
- Daily use is suitable for colored and damaged hair.
- Softens curls and repairs split ends.
- The formula is soothing and nourishing.
get it here
Living Proof No Fritz Leave-In Conditioner
Leave-in conditioners make a big difference for your hair type. Keep your hair hydrated and frizz-free with high-quality leave-in products like this one from Living Proof. We even provide a little guide to help you untangle the tangles.
- It is an effective anti-frizz conditioner
- Blocks moisture and increases the concentration of conditioning ingredients and emollients.
- Prevents deterioration and breakage of the hair surface
- Has a light, fresh citrus scent
get it here
Consider yourself lucky when you have 2C hair.Wavy curls give you lots of volume and texture. Every day is a good hair day when you understand how to properly care for curly hair.
Get smooth, manageable tresses by following a proper cleansing, moisturizing, conditioning and post-shampoo care routine. You can easily manage it using the tips shared by .
What do you like most about 2C type hair?
Read iDiva for the latest Bollywood, fashion, beauty and lifestyle news.